- The Cuban people are ingenious. With a lack of resources and things we take for granted, I was amazed by their ability to repair just about anything; create beautiful items from the most unlikely materials and cook the most delicious dishes with the simplest ingredients.
- Life is too short and we live to fast. Many times we heard the term 'Cuban time' while on holiday and after a couple days of adjusting to this unique ebb and flow of the day to day, I have to say that I quite enjoyed this slower, more connected way of life.
My 'Hemingway Mojito' in Havana
- If you want everything you have at home, then don't go on vacation. I firmly believe a vacation should be an adventure and a way to experience new things and the beautiful cultures, customs and cuisines of foreign lands. Forget what you have at home and embrace what you find on your journey
- Material possessions and riches are not important in the grand scheme of things. The majority of Cubans have very little, but are very rich in family, friends and living life.
- Mojitos are gluten-free & vegan!
NOTE: I’ve added this post to the Sunday Traveler link up extravaganza. Check it out for other travel tales and inspiration.