5 Ways to Redecorate for Less
- Paint! Paint! Paint! I love paint! You can paint just about anything these days. From chalk paint to spray paint there's something to colour just about any item in your home. I just spray painted our ugly brass light fixture and now it looks stunning in white semi-gloss and totally makes the dining room pop! So grab a brush or spray can and get creative!
- Pillows, Curtains & Rugs - oh my! Swap out your accessories to perk up your room. It's amazing what a few different pillows or rug can do for a space. You can spend even less if you make your own pillow covers or curtains too.
- Reuse It - grab that old piece of furniture from the basement and breathe some new life into it. Maybe some new handles or a little paint? Just because something is old and dingy doesn't mean it can't be amazing! Even just moving an item into a new space and rearranging your pieces can make all the difference.
- Accentuate - don't have the time or money to redo your walls? How about just one? Try painting an accent wall to liven things up. A little colour can totally reinvent a space. What about wallpaper? It's making a comeback and today's patterns and styles are fabulous. Psst... it's great for covering up those imperfections too!
- Artwork - galleries rotate their exhibits all the time. Why not do the same thing? Rotate your favourite painting throughout your house to change the look & feel of your space. Or why not try an art swap with your friends? Sometimes we get bored with the same old paintings, but trading with your friends for a couple months is a great way to share your favourite pieces and when you get them back you'll love them all over again.