Happy Blogiversary to Me!
I can't believe it's been an entire year since I started this little page. And what a year it's been!
I don't want to bore you with a synopsis of the past year on my blog (you can read it for yourself) but I would like to share a few things that I learned in the past 365 days.
5 Things I've Learned in my First Blog Year
1. Blogging is Hard - for real. It takes time, dedication and drive to keep a blog going. And I certainly didn't realize how much work it takes until just recently.
2. Sometimes You Need to Say No - this is something I have a hard time with, but it's completely necessary in the blogging world. You need to say no to things that don't mesh with who you are and what your blog is about. Yes, money and products are tempting, but some things are too much of a headache than what they are worth. And besides, no one likes a sell out.
3. Be You - for me, I need to stay me. And that means keeping control of my blog and my content. I like being able to pick and choose what, how and when I write.
4. Write and Then Write More - I have learned the hard way that consistent, quality writing is essential. And the moment you slack off, so do your fans. There have been a few times where I've lost my way, my will and the time to type and I've paid the price.
5. Enjoy & Embrace - this last one is something I try to remind myself of regularly. If you don't enjoy what you're doing and embrace the process, you won't get anywhere. You need to love your blog, show it some love, write with love and share your love. Everything else will fall into place.
Thanks for a wonderful year! I'm grateful for all the wonderful people I've met and awesome experiences I've had and I look forward to sharing many more with you.