Apple Pumpkin MuffinsIngredients:
- 2/3 cup of oil (I used a combination of Coconut Oil & Red Palm Oil)
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1/3 cup of maple syrup
- 1/2 cup Non-Dairy Milk (I used Hemp Milk)
- 3 tsp Vanilla
- 2 1/2 cup Gluten-free All-Purpose flour (my go-to is Cloud 9's baking mix)
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Xanthan Gum (could be omitted if you desire)
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 2 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 2 tsp Ground Flax (optional)
- 1/3 cup Hemp Hearts (optional)
- 1 cup Pumpkin puree (not pie filling. I used my own homemade pumpkin sauce)
- 1 1/2 cup Apple Sauce (again, my homemade stuff was perfect)
- 1 cup Raisins (or substitute nuts, chocolate chips or whatever else you like)
Recipe makes 24 muffins.
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line two muffin tins with muffin liners. If you are using a hard oil like coconut oil or butter, make sure to melt it first. Tip: I use my preheating oven to melt my oil while I get the rest of the ingredients together.
Mix all your wet ingredients and sugar together in a large bowl. That would be your oil, sugar, maple syrup, milk, vanilla and apple & pumpkin sauces. In a separate bowl sift together all your dry ingredients except the raisins. Then mix your dry into your wet until just mixed. Then stir in your raisins ( or whatever you are using) until evenly distributed in your batter.
Then fill your muffin cups about 2/3 of the way full and pop into the oven for 20-24 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Mine took exactly 20 minutes to bake so just keep an eye on them. Let cool for 5 minutes in the tin and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
These Apple Pumpkin Muffins are a cinch to make and taste incredible. They are moist and fluffy and no one would ever guess they were gluten-free & vegan. These muffins are kid approved and by avoiding nut-milks they are a perfect addition to your kid's lunch box.
Now off to stand guard by my muffins...not sure that they will last until tomorrow in this house!