Well, here's what I've discovered in the past couple of weeks:
- I have never eaten so many greens in my entire life!
- It's shocking how delicious and flavourful simple and clean meals can be.
- I think I may have mastered the art of picking and eating an avocado.
- No cheese, no coffee, no meat, no chips and I'm still alive!
- Clean eating involves a little bit of prep-work, but is actually fairly easy.
- My body runs better with better fuel. i.e. real food
- Resisting temptation is an on going struggle.
- Sometimes a cheat day is exactly what you need to see you're on the right track.
- Retrain your taste buds...it's unbelievable!
- Don't worry about what others think, just take care of you!
And now for the weigh-in...
Now this wasn't the only reason we decided to do this program, but both my husband and I definitely wanted to shed a few of those holiday pounds. As of today, I am down 7 lbs and Mike is down 6 lbs! Pretty amazing, even with our cheat day this past weekend!
Now bring on Week 3!