7 Reasons Why You Should Grow Sprouts
- Sprouts are delicious! if for no other reason they are fabulous on salads, sandwiches and as a topping for just about any meal.
- Sprouts are cheap. aside from some water, a mason jar or sprout bag and seeds, you don't really need anything fancy to grow your own food. And a little bit of seeds or beans goes a long way!
- They are the ultimate home-grown food! These easy-to-grow super foods can be grown just about anywhere in your house in just a couple days.
- Sprouts have super powers! Maybe not like Spider-man, but sprouts pack a powerful punch. Not only are they full of fibre, but when you sprout beans, nuts or seeds their vitamin content goes through the roof! This is especially true for Vitamin A, B-Complex and C. Plus, the quality of protein improves when those beans, seeds & nuts get soaked and sprouted.
- Enzymes & EFA's oh my! The sprouting process also increases EFA's (Essential Fatty Acids) something that most of us are lacking. Plus, sprouts contain up to 100 times more enzymes than raw fruits and veggies! Remember, enzymes are special proteins that act as catalysts to all body functions so we want to make sure we've got the best enzymes to ensure we're functioning optimally.
- They are alkalizing. Adding sprouts to your diet is a great way to decrease acidity in the body. And since many illnesses and cancers are linked to acidity, sprouts are a great way to stay healthy.
- Growing food is fun! Even if you're not a green thumb, sprouting is so easy your kids can do it. Plus, they'll love watching them sprout and change. I swear you can almost see them growing!