Top 5 Tips for Creating a Killer Playlist
- Make it Your Own - don't copy someone else's playlist. What works for them may not work for you. Certainly ask for suggestions, but make a compilation that's just for you. That way you'll enjoy every minute instead of skipping past songs that you don't really care for.
- Look for Variety - I find that listening to a wide range of tunes really keeps me on my toes. My playlist may seem a little scattered, but I find the variety keeps me from getting bored and takes my mind off those miles.
- Toe Tapping - I don't concern myself with beats per minute or tempo. Instead, I look for those songs that always get my toes tapping, even if they are ridiculous! Choosing songs that get me moving inevitably keeps me going. And you may even see me bust a move on the course!
- Take a Break - I have a ton of upbeat tunes to keep me pumped, but I also work in the occasional, slightly slower song to help break things up. Yes, rocking out to my favourite songs keeps me moving, but every once an a while it's good to ease up a bit, take a breath and adjust your pace with a slower song. Just make sure to find ones that don't put you to sleep and that, if need be, you can still sing along too!
- Have Fun - I think the key to a killer playlist is one that makes you smile. Whether it's your favourite dance songs or your rock anthem from high school, have fun with it. If I can sing along or boogie down I know I've got the right music. So pick those songs that make you happy and lift you up and you'll be at the finish in no time!