Well, in just over 2 weeks I will be doin' it! What you ask? Running my very first HALF MARATHON!!
Yup, I can't believe that the Forest City Road Races are almost here. So my friend Shannon and I are ambassadors for FCRR and we thought that we might as well 'GO BIG OR GO HOME!' It was just a few months ago when we decided that it would be a great idea to tackle 13.1 miles. And given neither of us had run any more than 10k when we signed up, this is kind of a big deal.
So why am I doin' it??
Well, there's a tonne of reasons and I can't exactly narrow down which one was the deciding factor...
I'm doin' it because:
- why not?
- there is an awesome medal!
- for bragging rights of course!
- I want to see if I actually can do it.
- I was never terribly athletic, and I want to prove that if I can do it, anyone can.
- what a way to celebrate 10+ years as a non-smoker!
- I might be having a pre-mid-life crisis!
- I'm just a little crazy.
- all my friends are running 1/2 marathons.
- it's a great local event for an amazing cause. The race is completely volunteer run and all the proceeds go to the Thames Valley Children's Centre
- I think I might actually like running.
- I want that feeling of accomplishment and reaching a goal that I have worked hard for.
- I want to see my husband and kids cheering for me at the finish line!
- I want to prove that this kinda chubby mom with bad knees, awful feet, asthma and Polycystic Kidney disease can run!
So, ya... I guess that's why I'm doin' it. My only question to you is why aren't YOU doin' it?!