I'm going to share my current favourite flavour....Chocolate Monkey! Yup, chocolate for breakfast and it's healthy for you too. Score!
- 1 cup Gluten-free Oats
- 1 cup Vegan Milk (I like unsweetened Vanilla Almond-Coconut or Hemp Milk )
- 2 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 1 very ripe Banana
- 2 tbsp Unsweetened Peanut Butter (optional)
- 1 tbsp Hemp Hearts (optional)
- 1 tbsp Ground Flax Seed (optional)
- 1/4 cup Vegan Protein Powder (Vanilla or Chocolate works best)
- 1 tbsp of your favourite Sweetener (this is optional, but I like Brown Rice Syrup or Maple Syrup the best)
So it can't get much easier than this. In a medium sized bowl mash your Banana with a fork. Add in the rest of your ingredients EXCEPT the oats and whisk well. Then stir in your milk. If you are using Flax you may need to add a bit more liquid as the Flax will absorb a fair bit. Pour your mixture into to small containers with tight fitting lids; small mason jars are perfect for this! Then place in your fridge overnight.
In the morning you will have a lovely protein packed breakfast that will keep you going all morning. Plus, if your breakfast is always rushed, this is a convenient way to grab something to eat on the go. Oh yeah, I almost forgot...these Chocolate Monkey Overnight Protein Oats totally taste like dessert! Once you try these, you'll never skip breakfast again!